In today’s fast-paced business world, time is money. You can save both by incorporating Tenna telematics into your fleet management processes.
Sophisticated telematics tracking systems like Tenna can do everything from tracking truck and equipment location at any time, anywhere to monitoring driver performance, asset utilization and much more.
Tenna telematics solutions help you improve operations in many different ways, including:
1. Always Know Where Your Trucks and Vehicles Are
Improving operations starts with knowing where your vehicles are and what they’re doing. Not just when drivers report in, but all the time. With Tenna telematics, you can remotely track and monitor your vehicles and assets 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The data gets transmitted to and securely stored in your Tenna software system, and can be used to make informed decisions about where, when and how to deploy your vehicles and personnel more effectively.
By knowing the exact location of every truck and vehicle and asset in your fleet, you can streamline operations by:
Assigning the right vehicles and equipment to the right customers at the right time
- Giving customers accurate work/project completion times
- Routing vehicles and equipment to the next job more efficiently
To get a big-picture view of asset utilization, you can track data such as trends for trips taken, days utilized and average and peak use. You can segment the data by specific parameters, including site, location, customer and department. With this information in front of you at all times, you can make informed decisions to improve vehicle utilization and efficiency throughout your fleet.
2. Reduce Fuel Costs
Even though gasoline prices have remained relatively stable for the past few years, fuel costs still represent a major operational expense for fleet businesses. With its ability to track vehicle performance in real-time, telematics helps reduce fuel costs through:
- Better routing. Telematics allows you to cut down on total miles driven by routing vehicles directly to the next destination. Driving fewer miles reduces the amount of fuel used, which automatically reduces fuel costs.
- Improved maintenance. Telematics can not only tell you when vehicles are due for maintenance, they can also identify engine problems as they occur. Keeping your vehicles in top operating condition can dramatically improve fuel efficiency and lower costs.
- Reduced speeding and idling. When drivers know their vehicles are being tracked, they tend to slow down and shut off their engines when idling isn’t necessary.
Reduced speeding also improves driver safety, and can cut down on the cost of traffic violations and expenses resulting from at-fault accidents. Many insurance companies will lower premiums when they know you use telematics to track driver performance on the road.
At the same time, tracking engine performance to manage and schedule preventive maintenance helps minimize vehicle downtime and reduce repair costs. Keeping your vehicles on the road means you can do a better job of serving customers.
3. Optimize fleet size.
Do you operate more vehicles than you need, thereby adding unnecessary operational costs? How do you know? With Tenna telematics tracking, you can easily analyze average vehicle utilization by model and year to identify older, less efficient vehicles. You can also identify specific makes and models that tend to have ongoing maintenance issues – such as frequent diagnostic trouble codes, high breakdown rates, and highest repair costs – to determine possible candidates for elimination or replacement.
4. Prevent misuse and theft.
Knowing where your vehicles are and what they’re doing offers a strong deterrent to theft and unauthorized use. With telematics, you can set “geofences” that send alerts when vehicles move outside designated areas. Similarly, “odd hours” movement alerts can indicate unauthorized movement during off hours.
5. Create competitive advantage.
In addition to cutting costs and improving productivity, telematics can make a difference in an area that provides a real competitive advantage – customer service. Whether you’re a small private company, a large public enterprise or anything in between, Tenna telematics can help you:
- Improve customer response times and on-time arrivals
- Reduce customer complaints by verifying time spent on each job
- Build your reputation as a reliable service provider
- Create a competitive advantage by providing superior customer service
By streamlining your operations, telematics provides another benefit that can be hard to put a price on: more time in your day. When you spend less time managing vehicles, equipment and personnel, you can spend more time taking care of customers and growing your business.
With Tenna, you enjoy all these features, functionalities and benefits in one integrated tracking system. There’s no outside software to buy. No multiple systems to manage. Just one easy-to-use platform that gives you complete control over all your vehicles and assets. How’s that for a competitive advantage?